As an internationally recognized technical and policy forum, the International Oil Spill Conference (IOSC) is seeking thematically related papers and posters for its next conference convening in New Orleans, Louisiana, on May 11 - 14, 2020. The paper and poster presentations are the backbone of the IOSC's technical program and contribute to the vast canon of oil pollution knowledge shared between government, industry, and academia.
All papers and posters must be received by May 15, 2019 to be considered.
New This Year: Papers Focused on Key Industry Topics
The IOSC solicits a broad range of technical and policy papers and posters under four general categories: Prevent, Prepare, Respond, and Restore. For IOSC 2020, the Executive and Program Committees has separated these four main categories into the following list of topics that are considered especially timely and appealing for papers and platform presentations in 2020.
- New Developments in Prevention and Response Technologies and Practices
- Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- Inland Prevention, Preparedness, Response, and Restoration
- Transboundary Planning and Response
- Outreach and Communication
- Advances in Training, Planning and Exercises
- Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Policy
- Public/Community Health and Responder Safety
- Arctic and Cold Weather Planning, Preparedness, and Response
- Research Outcomes informing Planning, Preparedness, Response, and Restoration
- Proposed Developments in Prevention, Preparedness, Response, and Restoration
- Spill Impacts and Recovery
- Unconventional Products
- Enabling Response: Best Practices of Support Functions
- Learning from Response to Natural Disasters
- Oil Spill Science
View the Call for Papers and Posters Submission Guidelines and start planning your submissions.
Contact us today by email or phone at 202-973-8669.